Trip Facts : -
Area :- Uttarakhand Himalayas
Trip Duration :- 4 nights / 5 days
River Grading :- III – IV
Best Time To Go :- Feb to April, Oct to Dec.
Quick Itinerary : -
Detailed Itinerary : -
Day 01: Arrive to Rishikesh and Practice Run On Ganga
Arrive early morning at Haridwar. Drive to Rishikesh & check into a hotel. After breakfast we drive to the starting point of the rafting trip. Today we raft about 20km to Rishikesh and get familiar with paddling and safety techniques, negotiating the best rapids on the Ganga, like “Three Blind Mice”, “Body Surfing”, “Rollercoaster”, “Golf course” and a few small rapids for about 3 hr & prepare ourselves to take on the most challenging stretch Alaknanda River has to offer. We finish our trip short of Rishikesh & drive to the hotel. In the evening you can walk into the town to attend the evening prayer ceremony by the river.
Day 02 : Drive to Kaldubagar
In the morning after breakfast we drive 6-7 hrs to Kaldubagar, through the pilgrim towns of Devprayag & Rudarprayag. Stay overnight in a hotel/river camp. After settling in, there is a briefing on the river trip and the upcoming days. We pack stuff in dry bags and get ready for the next day.
Day 03 : Raft Chamoli to Kaldubagar
An early start takes us to Chamoli. This is the most challenging stretch of the trip. At the Putin we help in getting the rafts readied. A detailed safety briefing follows with instructions on paddling, rapids to be encountered etc. The expedition begins with a lot of grade 4/4+ rapids. Depending on the volume of water, we negotiate or walk around the ‘Hillary Fall’ rapid at Nandprayag. We call it a day at Kaldubagar after a long exhilarating day on the river.
Day 04 : Raft Kaldubagar to Gauchar
Today we raft till Gauchar. Get ready for another exciting day on the river with plenty of grade 3/4 rapids. We raft pass the confluence of Pindar at Karanprayag. The Pindar River brings in more volume, adding punch to rapids to follow. We camp on a big sandy beach, settle in to star gaze around the bonfire and get a good night’s sleep.
Day 05 : Raft Gauchar to Rudraprayag, Drive back to Rishikesh
After breakfast we get on the river and raft till Rudarpryag. Today the section is more “pool & drop” as compared to the start with plenty of grade 3/4 rapids. We reach the ‘Kakar Fall’ grade 5 rapid. After a thorough inspection of the rapid we negotiate or line up the rafts to enter the spectacular narrow box canyon. The canyon is narrow enough, about 15 meters, for a Kakar (deer) to leap across – that’s where the rapid gets its name. Finish the trip after running the ‘Holy Hole’ grade 4 rapid. Drive back to Rishikesh. Upon arrival in Rishikesh trip ends.
- Transportation during the trip ( Rishikesh to Rishikesh)
- Meals ( 1st day dinner till last day lunch)
- Forest Department Camping Charges
- Accommodation in Dome tents on twin share basis with rubber/foam mattress
- National park trekking permits and camping fees
- Professional trekking guide and necessary staff
- Porters and ponies
- Professional river guides
- Professional Safety Kayaker
- Meals on River Expedition from Chamoli
- River Expedition Style camping on twin share basis
- Any kind of Insurances, emergency, Rescue
- Evacuation, medical or hospitalisation expenses
- Any personal porters or ponies.
- Any kind of stay in Rishikesh
- Any kind of breakfast and lunch on 1st day
- Any kind of that expenses which are not of trip nature
- Any kind of transportation beyond the route and itinerary.
- Any personal expenses.