Trip Facts : -
- Area :- Uttarakhand Himalayas
- Trip Duration :- 06 nights / 07 days
- Trek Grade :- Easy to moderate
- Highest Point :- 4000m.
- Highest Point :- Highest Camping Point :- 2900m.
- River Grading :- I I – IV
- River Grading :- Accommodtaion: 03 nights in dome tents on trek, 02 nights in river camp in dome tents, 01 night in luxury camp at Juyalgrah.
- Best Time To Go :- Mid Sept to Mid-May
Detailed Itinerary : -
Day 01: Drive Rishikesh to Sari village and trek to Lake Deoria Tal (2438mts) (7 – 8 hrs. Drive, 1hr. trek)
Morning, we drive from Rishikesh to Sari Village approx. 7-8 hours. Breakfastenroute. The drivingthroughthevalleys of riverGanga, AlaknandaandMandakani shows a beautiful landscape of thefoothills of the Great Himalays. Enroute we stop at Deoprayagwhich is theconfluence point of two different riversnamedBhagirathiandAlaknanada, whichthenflows down as theGanga. Once we reach to Sari, we trek for a short while to the Lake Deoriatal.
Deoria Tal. The trek is approximately 45 min. to 1 hour, giving a good view of thebeautiful Sari Village. On arriving in Deoria Tal, explorethe area andbe ready withyourcamerastocapturethebeautifulsunsethavingitsorangerays in the Great Himalayas. Later dinner and overnight in tents.
Day 02: Trek Lake to Chopta Valley (2900m) 5-6 hrs:
Wake up early to catch the first rays of the sun on the snow-capped peaks of the Himalayas. After break fast, we trek to Chopta through dense forestand alpine meadows, with packed lunch. Up on arrival at Chopta set out your tents for over night stay. In the evening explore the magnificent view of theHimalayas.
Day 03: Trek Chopta to Chandrasilla top (4000m) – Chopta
After an early breakfast trek to Tungnath with packed lunch. Tungnath is situated at theheight of 3680 mts fromthesea level thehighest in India. The trek is threekmsupward. Enrouteyouwillfindlush green meadowsandyoucanseetheentire range of snowclappedHimalayas. Uponarrival at TungnathTempleandvisitthetemple. After relax furtheronekms trek toChandrasila peak, which has themagnificient views of the Great Himalayasandwiththe view of highest peak of India Nanda Devi (7848 mts.). Later trek back toChoptafordinnerandovernightstay.
Day 04: DriveChopta to River Camp at Gauchar (4 Hrs Drive) :
Now it’s a day to say a Good Bye to the Himalayas and to get ready for the splash of White water Trip. After having breakfast, we drive to our river camp at Gauchar. In the evening, we will have a safety talk about rafting and some safety drills. Enjoy the evening campfire around the river camp. Dinner and overnight stay at river camp.
Day 05: Raft Kaldubagarh – Gauchar :
Today after breakfast we drive to Kaldubagarh upstream from our campsite. Today we raft from Kaldubagarh to Gauchar, rafting down a plenty of nearly 20 Class 3+ rapids. The day is full of action trip. Dinner and overnight stay at Gauchar river camp.
Day 06 : Raft Gauchar to Rudraprayag and Overnight stay at Juyalgarh camp.
After breakfast, we get on the river and raft till Rudarpryag. Today the section is more “pool & drop” as compared to the start with plenty of grade 2+ - 3+rapids. We reach the Gauchar rapid and after a good scouting we run the rapid safely. Plenty of rapids and more water. We finish the trip just little above Rudraprayag town. After packing up we drive for approx. 1.5 hrs to Juyalgarh camp. Have shower and get refresh. Realx down in comfortable beds and cozy interior of the camp. Dinner and overnight stay at Juyalgarh.
Day 07: Drive to Rishikesh.
After breakfast, we drive for next 3.5 hrs to Rishikesh. Upon arrival in Rishikesh trip ends.
- Transportation during the trip ( Rishikesh to Rishikesh)
- National Park Trekking permit Fees
- Forest Department Camping Charges
- Meals ( 1st Day breakfast till Last Day Lunch)
- Accommodation in Dome tents on twin share basis with rubber/foam mattress
- Professional trekking guide and necessary staff
- Professional river guides
- Professional Safety Kayaker
- River Expedition Style camping on twin share basis
- Any personal expenses
- Any kind of Insurance, emergency, rescue, evacuation, medical or hospitalisation expenses
- Any kind of alcoholic and non – alcoholic drinks
- Any kind of stay and meals in Rishikesh
- Any kind of that expenses which are not of trip nature
- Any kind of transportation beyond the route and itinerary.