Trip Facts : -
- Area :- Khola & Dangiya Village,Garhwal Himalayas, Uttarakhand, India
- Trip Duration :- 06 days /05 nights
- Type : Local culture, local traditions, homestay & trekking
- Trek Grade :- Easy
- Highest Point :- 2000m
- River :- Alaknanda & Ganges
- Accommodations :- o2 night homestay inKhola Village, 01 nights inDaunda Village in nature camp, 01 night in Maithyana Village. 01 night at river camp in Juyalgarh and o1 night in rafting camp at village Shivpuri.
- Highlights :- Homestay experience with local villagers, local organic & vegetarian Garhwal Indian Food, local Garhwal Himalayan Tradition and Culture, breath-taking Himalayan Views, rafting on Alaknanda and Ganges, and most importantly, a pure and complete unmatched trip.
Detailed Itinerary : -
Day 01: - Drive Rishikesh to Village Khola (1400mts)approx 5-6 hrs (1300 mts)
In morning hours, we start approx. 5-6 hrs drive upstream to KholaVillage. Enroute we stop at Deoprayag to watch the confuence of rivers Alaknanda& Bhagirathi. From here the Ganges start and travel all the way to the Bay of Bengal. We continue our road journey and approx. after 1. 5 hrs from Kirtinagar we leave the main high way and continue our ride to village Khola for approx. 2.5 hrs.
The drive is very scenic and shows a different view of the foothills of the Himalayas. Upon arrival in village check in to the Village Homestay. Evening to be spend in leisure. Explore the village. Later enjoy the home cook food by the locals. Overnight stay in Musmola Village.
Day 02: - Trek to village Dangiya (1950 mts)apprx 4-5 hrs
Enjoy the early morning of the country side and lifestyle of the village. Hear the magical voices of the birds. After the breakfast, which is also made in a local kitchen made with local ingredients we pack our bags and start walking to our next destination village Dangiya via village Manjuli. After our lunch at village Manjuli we trek to a little pass. On a very clear day you can see a great belt of the Himalayas from pass. From the pass, we start walking on a gradual path for next 25 min to reach our nature. campsite. Dinner and overnight stay at nature camps in village Dangiya.
Day 03: - Trek to Maithyana Temple (2000 mts)apprx. 4-5 hrs
After breakfast, we start trekking down to the village Daunda for approx 45 min to 1 hour and from here we start walking to our next destination Temple Maithyana Devi. The trail passes through the different kind of vegetation and different villages. We reach to a point from where Himalayas are visible again. At this point we enjoy our lunch. We continue our walk-through pine forest which leads us to Temple Maithyana Devi. The temple is dedicated to Goddess Durga and has lot of importance in the nearby villages. Every year there is a big festival for the goddess. Check in to your tents. Dinner & overnight stay in camps at temple.
Day 04: Drive to Rafting camp at JuyalGarh. Today it is a time to say goodbye to the Himalayas. After packing our stuff, we drive for next 5 hours to rafting camp at Juyalgarh on the bank of Alaknanda river. In the evening enjoy the campfire. Dinner and overnight stay at river camp at Juyalgarh.
Day 05: - Rafting on Alaknanda River till Devprayag
Today after breakfast we raft for about 25 kms from the camp till Devprayag. This section has class II – III rapids and goes through a nice gorge section with plenty of opportunities for swimming & surfing. We will raft through the confluence of river Bhagirathi &Alaknanda which meet at Devprayag to make the holy Ganga. We finish our trip slightly ahead of the confluence and drive for 2 hours to reach another rafting camp at village Shivpuri. Upon arrival check in at camp. Evening campfire followed by dinner.
Day 06: - Rafting on Ganges Section till Rishikesh
After breakfast get ready again on your rafting outfit. Today we raft a classic section of Ganges river section for approx. 1.5 hrs. You negotiate some of the famous rapids of Ganges like 3 blind mice, roller coaster, golf course, club house and much more. We finish the trip near famous Laxman Jhula bridge. After rafting we drop to your place of stay in Rishikesh. After we drop you back trip ends.
- Transportation during the trip ( Rishikesh to Rishikesh)
- National Park Trekking permit Fees
- Forest Department Camping Charges
- Meals ( 1st Day breakfast till Last Day Lunch)
- Accommodation in Dome tents on twin share basis with rubber/foam mattress
- Professional trekking guide and necessary staff
- Professional river guides
- Professional Safety Kayaker
- River Expedition Style camping on twin share basis
- Any personal expenses
- Any kind of Insurance, emergency, rescue, evacuation, medical or hospitalisation expenses
- Any kind of alcoholic and non – alcoholic drinks
- Any kind of stay and meals in Rishikesh
- Any kind of that expenses which are not of trip nature
- Any kind of transportation beyond the route and itinerary.